100 Things About Me
Since "things" change from time to time, I update this list every two (or so) years.
- My birthday is October 1.
- I'm a Christian.
- Keeping Romans 8:28 in mind encourages me during bad times.
- My family and I have attended the same Southern Baptist church since 1986.
- My home is in Alabama - specifically, Athens.
- I have an apartment elsewhere to be near work.
- I have one sibling, a sister named Sara who is four years older than me.
- I have a degree in Civil Engineering, with a minor in Math.
- I also have a strong aptitude in English, and spelling/grammatical mistakes annoy me.
- But yes, I make them too.
- I tend to answer questions in complete sentences.
- Having been a waitress, I'm extra nice when talking to employees at restaurants/stores I visit.
- I was fired from a brief job at a telephone answering service for being "too nice" to tell irate callers what they didn't want to hear.
- For years, I worked two jobs.
- One semester, I worked three.
- Because I worked my way through college, it took me longer than four years to finish.
- I'm still glad I did it the way I did.
- After two years of looking, I found a job in my field of study.
- I like my job and the people I work with.
- My father passed away in 1998.
- All of my grandparents have passed on as well. I never knew my grandmothers.
- I've never owned a dog, but for years, I've wanted one.
- My family's always had cats.
- I have a mildly suspicious nature, so I don't post details like my real last name, my place of employment, pictures of my car, etc.
- I have a boyfriend named Jeff.
- In over a year of dating, I've not yet told my boyfriend about my websites.
- He might have found them if he's investigated the source of a graphic I've emailed him.
- If he does find them, I hope he doesn't tell me.
- I love it when a guy wears Halston cologne. (The kind for men, of course.)
- Unfortunately, Jeff isn't into cologne.
- When I was in high school, I wrote a lengthy fanfiction story about meeting Richard Grieco.
- My most recent celebrity crush was Tobey Maguire.
- Now that he has a child, he's much less attractive to me. I don't date men who have children.
- I consider myself an atypical woman in that I've no desire to get married or have kids.
- I've felt that way since I was a child.
- I grew up with my family in debt, so now I tend to be frugal.
- I am a packrat.
- My high school graduating class consisted of approximately 45 people.
- I'm one of those people who feels cold while everyone else is comfortable.
- To date, I've never broken a bone.
- I only had three wisdom teeth. They've all been removed.
- I've never had braces, but my teeth are (mostly) decent-looking.
- Still, I don't often give a toothy smile in pictures.
- I once appeared as a model in an ad for the clothing store where I worked.
- Usually, I exercise at least twice a week.
- I don't tan well.
- I am a vegetarian.
- Typically, I have coffee in the morning, then drink water for the rest of the day.
- I prefer my coffee with real milk and no sugar.
- I only drink sodas when I'm sick or traveling.
- I don't eat out much. I prefer to cook my own food.
- At one point, I had 17 email accounts.
- I started my first website on April 18, 2001.
- Without looking, I'm not sure exactly how many I have now. Somewhere between 10 and 20, I guess, depending on how you define "website."
- Although I'm no expert, I wrote up a list of web design tips.
- I do not like talk radio or talk shows. Or reality shows. Except Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
- I don't watch any current TV shows, but I loosely follow a few by reading recaps on the Internet.
- I spend my TV-watching time on DVDs of my favorite old shows.
- In 2005, some other fans and I met the Guys Next Door.
- Lately my celebrity obsessions are more character obsessions, and the biggest is Wolverine from the X-men movie series.
- I love music of most kinds, but not so much rap.
- I know at least most of the lyrics for a large number of songs, especially songs from the '80s.
- I sing in the choir at my church, and while I'm driving around in my car.
- When I was a bit younger, I sang several solos at church.
- I was on the volleyball team my senior year in high school.
- During lunch time at school, sometimes I hid in the restroom rather than be stuck looking for a place to sit.
- Because of that, I still I hate going to a busy cafeteria, holding a tray of food as I scan the room for an empty table.
- Needless to say, as a teenager, I was extremely shy.
- As an adult, I'm much more self-assured, even though I consider myself an awkward dork.
- I'm still quiet around large groups. (Large being five or more people.)
- Most of the time, I'm not the best at making conversation.
- I'm a really good listener.
- I am ridiculously expressive when I talk.
- This is why I'm more comfortable expressing myself in writing.
- I also like that writing allows me time to compose my thoughts.
- I know I have PMS when I get extremely peeved over some little thing.
- Most of the time, I'm very even tempered, and I rarely get really angry.
- I don't follow sports or politics with any regularity.
- I tend to acknowledge that there's another side to an issue, even if I don't agree.
- I hesitate to label any one thing as my favorite, since I like different aspects of similar things.
- I hate it when people call Christmas "Xmas." (Don't give me that "X is an old abbreviation for Christ" excuse: today, that's hardly common knowledge, yes?)
- Another pet peeve is when people interrupt me while I'm speaking.
- I'm soft-spoken, but I'd appreciate people showing the same respect I do by listening.
- According to an on-line test, I have an IQ of 131.
- I'm logical, and I tend to look for patterns in things.
- I'm very visually-oriented, and seeing things helps me remember them.
- Because of this, I do not watch horror movies.
- I haven't yet bought anything on ebay. I don't even have an account there.
- If I could have one super-power, it would be the ability to fly.
- One of my biggest dreams is to have a house built. This house.
- Between work (usually over 40 hours a week) and my hobbies, I very rarely get bored.
- I've taken over 2000 pictures since 2003, and over 400 of them are posted here.
- I've had my current car since August of 1998.
- When I was really young I stole a roll of Life Savers from a store, and my mother insisted on going back and paying for them.
- I often paint my toenails, but hardly ever my fingernails.
- I can't stand to kill insects. I usually catch them in something and put them outside.
- I've been accused of being goofy.
- I think being goofy can make a person more interesting.
- It's certainly more fun than the alternative. ;)
- I worked on this list on and off for almost a week. I plan to update it when something changes.
- You can find more (entirely too much) information about me at this site.
100 Things About Me - Updated
The original list (above) was done in mid-2007. This update was done in mid-2009.
#18. After two years of looking, I found a job in my field of study. Unfortunately I was fired from it two years and six months after I started work there.
#19. I liked my job and the people I worked with.
#26. In almost four years of dating, I've not yet told my boyfriend about my websites.
#32. My most recent celebrity crush was Tom Petty.
#33. I don't date men who have children.
#60. Lately my celebrity obsessions are musicians.
#92. I've taken almost 4000 pictures since 2003, and over 400 of them are posted here.
#93. I've had my current car since
August of 1998 March of 2008.
100 Things About Me - Updated (Again)
Again, the original list was done in mid-2007. This update was done in mid-2011.
#18. After two years of looking, I found a job in my field of study. Unfortunately I was fired from it two years and six months after I started work there. After nine months of being unemployed, I found another job in October of 2009.
#19. I like my job and the people I work with.
In almost four years of dating, I've not yet On the 4-year anniversary of our first date, I finally told my boyfriend about my websites.
might could have found them much earlier if he 's had investigated the source of a graphic I 've had emailed him.
If he does find them, I hope he doesn't tell me. To my great disappointment, since I told him about the sites (in August of 2009), he has shown no interest whatsoever in reading anything I've written/posted any of my websites. I had hoped it would help him get to know me better; instead it's now a sore subject between us, since it shouts to me, "Hey, Anne! I care NOTHING about what you have to say!"
#32. My most recent celebrity crush is Bono.
#92. I've taken
almost 4000 over 5000 pictures since 2003, and over 400 600 of them are posted on-line.
I often paint my toenails, but hardly ever my fingernails. I haven't painted my fingernails or toenails in years.
100 Things About Me - Updated III
Again, the original list was done in mid-2007. This update was done in mid-2013. As before, if it's not changed below, it still applies.
I have an apartment elsewhere to be near work. I had to give it up during my last round of unemployment.
#18. After two years of looking, I found a job in my field of study. Unfortunately I was fired from it two years and six months after I started work there. After nine months of being unemployed, I found another job in October of 2009. I was let go from that job in December of 2011 after they lost a contract. Happily, I was hired at my current job in July of 2012.
#32. My most recent celebrity crush is Jeremy Renner. I *really* liked his character in The Bourne Legacy.
#60. Lately my celebrity obsessions are more character obsessions, and the biggest is Loki from Thor/The Avengers movies.
#100. I worked on this
list on and off for almost a week update for about 20 minutes. I plan to update the list every two years.
100 Things About Me - Updated IV
This update was done in mid-2015. As ever, if it's not changed below, it still applies.
#19. I like my job and the people I work with... although some days are a challenge. A big one!
have had a long-distance boyfriend named Jeff for years. In 2014, I finally mustered up the nerve to tell him that my feelings for him had grown cold, and we broke up.
#32. My most recent celebrity crush is
Jeremy Renner. I *really* liked his character in The Bourne Legacy. Steven Weber as his Wings character, Brian Hackett, because Brian reminds me of smarmier, much-less-megalomaniacal Loki (see #60).
#45. Usually, I exercise at least
twice once a week, with additional activity such as walking whenever I can squeeze it in, since work takes up nearly 11 hours of my day.
am was a vegetarian for many years. I ultimately gave it up because I realized I was doing it improperly and not getting the nutrition I need.
#50. I only drink sodas when I'm sick or traveling. Or in the occasional root beer float.
#57. I don't watch any current TV shows
, but I loosely follow a few by reading recaps on the Internet.
#92. I've taken over
5000 6000 pictures since 2003, and over 600 of them are posted on-line.
#96. I can't stand to kill insects.
I usually catch them in something and put them outside. However, after home infestations of both ants and pantry moths for two years in a row, plus being caught in a cloud of termites at work, I have become quite the killing machine.
(P.S. Woo hoo! An update where I didn't have to revise #18!)
F O O T · N O T E D