Lessons Learned ...
Who says there's nothing to be learned from television?
... from watching Alias
* Some people can get their wigs to stay on really well.
* Know your employer.
* Sometimes the truth hurts. A lot.
* A tight dress is really all a girl needs to crash some very "swank" parties.
* Only an American would come to someone's door without telephoning.
* If you find a high-tech listening device, telling it your name and phone number is not a good idea.
* College can be more painful than torture.
* Sometimes "I'm sorry" just isn't enough.
* When in doubt: smile and fake it.
* For clandestine spy meetings, you can't beat a bloodmobile.
* She who fights and runs away lives to fight another day.
* Never underestimate your enemy.
* Company policy prohibits employees dating: does anyone really care?
* Sometimes bad things happen to good people.
* Sometimes bad things happen to bad people.
* To make any office feel more personal, add a candy jar.
* Throwing your pager into the ocean might make you feel better.
* Never break up with someone while you are a passenger in their car.
* Try not to take your work home with you.
* Try not to assume the worst about members of your family.
* When setting a trap, you may have to use the good stuff as bait.
* Rarely is it a good thing that the boss wants to talk to you.
* Sometimes it is necessary to work with people that you don't like.
* Before knocking someone out, secure their bottle of Coca Cola.
... from watching Angel
* The handsome man doesn't always rescue the damsel in distress, but she doesn't always need him to.
* We all have a dark side.
* Beware of beautiful women in dark alleys.
* Beware of handsome men who insist that they don't bite.
* Some humans are monsters.
* A cry for help is when you say "help" in a loud voice.
* We should all smile more.
* Sometimes the journey is taken simply because it must be taken.
* Next time you're looking for something, try hitting the last place first.
* Angel is pretty much a girlie name.
* A bomb can ruin a perfectly fine office.
* If someone tries to shoot your own personal back, it's personal.
* Sex has consequences.
* You can overcome your past, but it's a rocky path.
* Brooding is such a waste of time.
* If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do.
* If you're a warrior slated for the coming apocalypse, you're gonna want a hair gel with hold.
* It's not that vampires don't photograph; it's that they don't photograph well.
* Outward appearance is no way to tell about a person's inner self.
* Three good things to avoid: dancing, dating, and singing in public.
* Don't confuse who you are with what happens to you.
* If you lie to your friends, be sure it will come back to haunt you.
* It's possible to be creeped out and comforted at the same time.
* When the leather pants come out, there's going to be trouble.
* Some people just should not have (a lot of) money.
* Sometimes you only get one second chance.
... from watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer
* You can't trust guys.
* Sometimes you can't trust girls either.
* On an English make-up exam, you don't get credit for speaking it.
* Seize the moment, 'cause tomorrow you might be dead.
* It's funny how the Earth never opens up and swallows you when you want it to.
* 'Hunk' can mean a lot of things. Bad things.
* No speaking up. That way leads to madness and sweaty palms.
* If you lurk, you can learn things.
* It's a statistical impossibility for a sixteen-year-old girl to unplug her phone.
* If dropping hints doesn't work, drop anvils.
* The mystery that is men goes something like this: they grow body hair, they lose all ability to tell you what they really want.
* Tact is just not saying stuff that's true.
* There's no use arguing with someone wearing her Resolve Face.
* Generally speaking, when scary things get scared: not good.
* You wanna talk fun? Public bus. You meet the funnest people.
... from watching MacGyver
* It's funny what pops into your head when you're trying to work.
* Old Alexander Graham Bell has a lot to answer for.
* Herpetologists say that everyone has an inner fear of snakes. Including herpetologists.
* Just when you're getting ahead, somebody always changes the odds.
* Always be prepared.
* Taking something that doesn't exist probably isn't breaking the law.
* An "interesting" life is not always a good thing.
* Someone with an armored van probably didn't win it in a raffle.
* What others don't know can help you.
* Some people still go out into the wilderness in search of their dream.
* A person might be willing to break the law in order to uphold it.
* Every family's got its problems.
* Enough is enough.
* Some freaks believe that people are "big on aliens in Alabama."
* Seaweed's not considered to be the best lure for fishing.
* The past is a strange country.
* Some people lack artistic tastes.
* When flying a jet, you don't have a lot of time to admire the scenery.
* No matter how good you are, sometimes you still need help.
* A password may reveal some self-esteem issues.
* No good deed goes unpunished.
* Maybe it takes a con to beat a con.
* Remember the age when it was cool to be bad? Dumb age.
* Wanting to get caught is kind of a dumb plan.
* You don't need a gun to be dangerous.
* Luck is often worth more than skill.
* You don't always know what you think you know.
* Even good-looking people have problems.
* A lavish party can be an invitation for someone to hack into your computer.
* When you make a friend, you take on a responsibility.
* If you're afraid of the answer, don't ask the question.
* The decisions we make shape our lives.