College vs High School
Ways in Which College is Different from High School
17. In high school, you do homework. In college you study.
16. No food is allowed in the hall in high school. In college, food must be provided at an event before students will come.
15. In high school, you wear your backpack on one shoulder; in college on both.
14. In college, the professors can tell you the answer without looking at the teacher's guide.
13. In college, there are no bells or tardy slips.
12. In high school, you have to live with your parents. In college, you get to live with your friends.
11. In high school, you're told what classes to take. In college, you get to choose; that is, as long as the classes don't conflict and you have the prerequisites and the classes aren't closed and you've paid your tuition.
10. In high school, if you screw up you can usually sweet-talk your way out of it. In college, you're lucky to ever talk with the professor.
9. In high school, fire drills are planned by the administration; in college, by the pranksters from the dorms.
8. In college, any test consists of a larger percentage of your grade even than your high school final exams did. (Just to share: Kristin's Bio class: 30% midterm 1, 30% midterm 2, 40% final; Soc class: 10% section grade, 40% midterm, 50% final, etc.. ..etc..)
7. In high school, when the teacher said, "Good morning," you mumbled back. In college, when the professor says, "Good morning," you write it down.
6. In college, there's no one to tell you not to eat pizza three meals a day.
5. In college, your dad doesn't pay for dates.
4. In high school, it never took 3 or 4 weeks to get money from Mom and Dad.
3. In college, when you miss a class or two or three, you don't need a note from your parents saying you were skip... .uh, sick that day.
2. In high school, you can't go out to lunch because it's not allowed. In college, you can't go out to lunch because you can't afford it.
1. In college, you can blow off studying by writing lists like this.